Saturday, November 6, 2010

Isle of Pines

Isle of Pines was the most beautiful Island I had ever seen. It was just as I had imagined. Velvet white sand, warm turquoise water... AND I found a spot to swim all by myself, well for a little while anyway.

We were walking to the village, when I decided I just wanted to go for a swim incase we ran out of time (I had to get back to the boat because Tim was watching the kids so I could relax).




I stopped about here and found a tree to hang my bag and towel, and went for a swim. It was kind of an overcast day, but really humid, so it was easily warm enough for us to go swimming. I had only been there about 10 minutes when this guy came and sat down, maybe 20 meters away from my stuff. I know it sounds judgemental, but I was kind of freakng out, in my mind, because I was worried that if he took my stuff, we would be without our passports!



Then I had a brilliant, but frightening idea... I will ask this guy, who doesn't speak a word of english, and I don't speak any french, if I can borrow his bike.
As a side note: I am absolutely afraid of bikes, I hate them and I suck at riding them, BUT I thought a good way to see some of the Island would be on a bike.

The bike seat was extremely uncomfortable and the steering was not straight, but it still was quite the adventure. I was so proud of myself for doing something I was afraid of. It was almost as exhilerating as going sky diving (for me).
I can't say that I would lend my car to some random tourist, just like this guy lent me his only mode of transport, without even thinking about it. So thank you, french guy.



Ha Ha! Later on in the afternoon, we all came back and went swimming on the otherside of the Island, which is where I went snorkelling for the first time. It was awesome! So beautiful, I really want to go to the Great Barrier Reef soon. I'll start planning...
And I know I look like an idiot with the mask on...



I did get a small cut under one of my toes, not while taking this picture though.




Aunty Becky, Arden, Tim and Missy.


The kids were soon crabby again, so back to the ship we go. Isle of Pines made all of the stress of the previous 9 days, totally worth it!



Back we go to Australia...



Arden's 3rd Birthday 26th October



He had a lot of fun playing in day care, but later that night was when the real party began. He kicked off the night with a little dancing at the Oz Bar, after which he was sung Happy Birthday by the kids club, and presented with a gift.



After that we dash off to dinner, with our waiters Ray and Chris. But Ardy can't wait any longer to open his gift, so we stop for that...


Dinner was beautiful, as usual. Three courses every nigh does start to take its toll though.


I think Aunty Bec and Tyson got him the flying monkey, he was very impressed.




Happy birthday my little guy! I hope you had a great day, love your family and friends.
(We are sorry we couldn't get you the one thing you asked for, which was your girlfriend, Lily)



Swanhill Friday 29 October


Hip Hop lessons

This kids bolwing set was really awesome, I wonder if santa is listening...





VIBE! That was the name of the Aboriginal organisation that was running the programs. I was trying to remember.


I know it sounds crazy, but we had a really good time in Swanhill. They had their annual street market on the day we were in town! Awesome! We were feeling a little deprived of retail therapy since being on the boat, and also we didn't want to go shopping in Noumea, because it was a total rip off. I had to buy some wet wipes for the kids, it was over $8 aus for the cheapest brand they had.

















How much do I love that Only Girl song by Rihanna! Random comment, yep sure.




Ardy Party... No. 2!





Dads famous Pizza dough, mmm.
I'm loving this pic, I think I'll enlarge it and put it on the wall at home.
Ahww, masked lovers. Happy birthday to you too Rylan!

Musical Chairs

Tim won one round and Pani won the other.
Another classic: Pass the Parcel.
Also traditional to Davidson parties, go hard with the dance moves.


...and many moooooore!The festivities go on into the night...


It was a quick visit, but it was good to see almost everyone. At least there was a bit more room around the place with family members missing. Love you all, thanks mum and dad.
Be good you crazy kids!



1 comment:

  1. aw great pics! the isle of pines does look good, I do recall that may have been erins fave too! I really like the pic of ardy with the flying monkey, he looks so super happy! and missy on the springy swing thing! thanks for the pics! Oh and I like how almost everyone has a kid to put on their lap in the family shot :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete